Engr. Salisu Nurudeen DauraDirector of Engineering Services
Engr. Salisu Nurudeen Daura is presently the Director of Engineering Services, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, Headquarters, Ikeja, Lagos – Nigeria. Trained as an Electrical Engineer and a Manager, he possessed over thirty years post qualification experience in Airport Electrical Engineering Practice. He has an extensive work experience in Project Planning, Designing & Execution/Supervision coupled with Contract Management on various aspects of Airports’ Engineering & Maintenance.
He joined the defunct Nigerian Airports Authority in 1988 and was in the same year seconded to an ICAO/UNDP Project Group in charge of the “Rehabilitation of Airports’ Facility” in Nigeria. He attended an ICAO/UNDP sponsored fellowship programme at the International Civil Aviation Training Center, Manila – Philippines where he became an accredited Engineer in “Airport Electrical Maintenance” in 1989. In the same year he had practical stints at Brisbane and Sydney Kingsford Smith Airports under the Federal Airports Corporation & Civil Aviation Authority of Australia as an extension of the classroom courses undertaken earlier in Manila, Philippines.
Engr Salisu Nurudeen Daura has between 1990 and 2007 held the post of Head of Electrical Engineering Department at the following airports in Nigeria: Sultan Abubakar III Airport – Sokoto, Kaduna International Airport, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport – Abuja and Malam Aminu Kano International Airport – Kano; from where he was posted to FAAN Headquarters in the month of September 2007 as Head of the Electrical Engineering Department. He was eventually promoted and became the General Manager (Electrical) in September 2012, a post he held until his recent appointment as Director of Engineering Services in February, 2017.
He attended many other proficiency courses, workshops and seminars both at home and abroad. These include amongst others:
- Workshop on Power Protection & Management in Nigeria at Ikeja – Lagos in October 2001
- Workshop on Modern Maintenance Management Practice” at Ikeja – Lagos in November 2001
- Seminar on Electrical Safety in Building Installations at MMA Ikeja – Lagos in August 2002
- Seminar on Project Planning, Management & Evaluation” at Ikeja – Lagos in February 2003
- Workshop on Emergency Preparedness” at Gateway Hotel Abeokuta – Ogun State in May 2003
- Seminar on Property Management and Maintenance” at Ikeja – Lagos in August 2003
- Airfield Lighting Engineering Seminar” organized by Siemens Airfield Solutions at Columbus, Ohio – USA in May 2005
- Seminar on Aviation Safety Management System” organized by AVIATEQ INTERNATIONAL at Ikeja – Lagos in July 2006
- Workshop on Managerial Leadership” at Kano State – Nigeria in September 2007
- Airport Management Professional Accreditation Programme” – AMPAP – (Air Transport System) at Abuja – Nigeria in November 2008
- Safety Auditors Training” at Lagos in February 2009
- Airport Construction & Management Workshop” at Cape Town, South Africa in October 2011
- Airport Facilities Management Best Practice Workshop” at Manchester Airport in the United Kingdom in February 2013
- Airfield Engineering and Maintenance Summit” at Singapore in March 2014
- Airport Pavement Technical Workshop” @ Kansas City, MO – USA in October 2015
- Airport Pavement Technical Workshop II @ Seattle, WA – USA in November 2016
In addition to the aforementioned proficiency workshops and seminars, Engr Salisu Nurudeen Daura has also undertaken numerous Quality Assurance “Factory Acceptance Tests” trips on various FAAN’s “Airports Infrastructural Development Projects”. From 2008 to date he undertook trips to:
- Transformer factories in France and Turkey;
- Caterpillar factory in Lafayette, Indiana – USA;
- Medium Voltage Protection & Control Panels in Cairo – Egypt;
- Emerson UPS manufacturing plant in Mumbai – India;
- Carmanah Solar Airfield Lighting manufacturing plant in Charlotte, North Carolina – USA; &
IP-CCTV Manufacturing Facility @ PANASONIC Factory in Newark, New Jersey – USA.
Engr Salisu Nurudeen Daura attended Daura II Primary School in Daura Katsina State, 1970-1976; Government College Kaduna in Kaduna State, 1976-1981; School of Basic Studies in Zaria, 1981-1982; and Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, 1982-1986 where he obtained his B. Engineering (Electrical) degree. He later obtained his Post Graduate Diploma in Management in 2005 from the same institution-ABU. He is a member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers and other professional bodies as well as registered with