- August 20, 2020
- Posted by: FAAN
- Category: News
FEDERAL AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF NIGERIA (FAAN)
PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP (PPP) Project
TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR THE PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT OF FAAN HEADQUARTERS IN ABUJA, OFFICE ANNEX & COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT IN LAGOS AND STAFF QUARTERS IN LAGOS AND ABUJA
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The FEDERAL AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF NIGERIA (FAAN) is a Government Agency under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Aviation, established by Decree 45 of 1976 as the Nigerian Airports Authority (NAA), to oversee the operations and maintenance of all Federal Airports and now operating under CAP F5 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.
The aviation industry in Nigeria has witnessed phenomenal growth in the last decade and this growth is expected to continue with the ongoing implementation of the Aviation Sector Roadmap of the Federal Government. Part of the roadmap is the physical development of FAAN Headquarters in Abuja, Office Annex & Commercial Development in Lagos and Staff Quarters in Lagos and Abuja towards ensuring a conducive working environment for staff and creating additional revenue stream to the Authority.
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) intends to procure the services of a reputable and highly qualified Transaction Adviser (TA) for the physical development of the FAAN headquarters in Abuja, office annex and commercial development in Lagos and Staff quarters in Lagos and Abuja in line with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act, 2007, while the procurement of the private sector partner (concessionaire) will follow the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) Establishment Act and the National Policy on PPP.
FAAN now seeks the services of a Transaction Adviser to provide a broad range of advisory services for the Design and Physical Development of FAAN Headquarters, Office Annex & Commercial Development and Staff Quarters through a PPP arrangement and hereby invites qualified and experienced Transaction Advisers to express interest in providing such services. The service to be provided will include but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of Outline Business Case (OBC), including PPP transaction structuring to complete project PPP development;
- Provide market trends that will confirm decisions on scope, structuring and timing of transaction;
- Assist in designing and managing the procurement and evaluation process and support to the project team during that process;
- Readiness for market assessment;
- Support in project marketing;
- Organisation and preparation where necessary, of supporting documentation to be made available to bidders (including technical analysis);
- Preparation of bidding document and assist in negotiation between with one or more parties prior to contract award;
- Management of other advisory inputs and overall management of the advisory team to ensure a successful transaction; and
- Social safeguards and environmental issues.
The prospective Transaction Advisers may consist of a single firm or a consortium of firms with the financial, legal, technical, PPP, social/environmental and other specialist expertise required to successfully bring the transaction to market and reach financial close. In the case of a Consortium, the consortium members must jointly identify one of the firms comprising the consortium as the Lead Transaction Adviser. The Lead Transaction Adviser will have primary responsibility for liaising with the Project Implementation Team and for managing the consortium’s advisory inputs. Firms comprising the consortium with specialized expertise in the finance, legal, and technical fields should be identified respectively as the Finance Transaction Adviser, Legal Transaction Adviser and Technical Transaction Adviser etc. International Advisers are encouraged to form partnerships with reputable Nigerian consulting firms.
Prospective Transaction Advisers should submit the following documents in their Expression of Interest (EOI):
- Copy of Certificate of incorporation including Forms CAC2 and CAC7 (or CAC 1.1) Copy of Memorandum & Article of Association (MEMART; where applicable;
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years (2017, 2018 & 2019) valid till 31st December 2020.
- Evidence of Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2020.
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate, valid till 31st December, 2020.
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate, valid till 31st December, 2020.
- Evidence of current Registration with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN).
- Evidence of Registration with National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/01/2021 or valid Certificate issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
- Audited Annual Report for the last three years (2017, 2018 & 2019)
- Company’s profile to include membership of professional regulatory bodies.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- disclosing whether or not any officer of Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidding; and to confirm that all information presented in the bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- that the Director (s) has/have never been convicted by any court of Law; that the Firm’s Directors or the Company is not bankrupt.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
The EOI should be addressed and delivered in soft copy (flash drive) and six hard copies (One original and five copies) in A4 paper size, neatly bound, not later than 11:00 a.m. on Monday, 28th September 2020 at the following address:
The General Manager (Procurement)
Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) Headquarters
Murtala Muhammed International Airport
The EOIs will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, 28th September 2020 at the Procurement Department, Maintenance Yard, FAAN headquarters Ikeja Lagos.
Interested applicants may obtain further information through the following Telephone Numbers:
08033011334 OR 08034706549; email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested firms are kindly requested to note that:
- Submission shall be in English language only.
- Only short-listed Consultants will be contacted at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
- FAAN reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made on the bid documents submitted by companies.
- Failure to comply with the instruction (s) and provide any required document (s) may automatically result in disqualification.
- Original of all the above listed eligibility documents may be requested for sighting as and when needed.
- Late submissions would be returned unopened.
- At a later stage, pre-qualified bidders may be requested to submit the updated copies of their statutory documents e.g Tax, PENCOM, ITF, NSITF, BPP and any other relevant document. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.
- This advertisement shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of FAAN, nor shall it entail the bidder to make any claim (s) whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from FAAN by virtue of such Bidder having responded to this publication.
- The EOI opening shall be conducted in line with COVID19 guidelines;
- Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services).
- FAAN is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.