- August 20, 2020
- Posted by: FAAN
- Category: News
FEDERAL AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF NIGERIA
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR EXTENSION AND UPGRADE OF ZARIA AIRPORT RUNWAY, INCLUDING ASSOCIATED WORKS
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has the statutory functions of developing and managing all necessary airport facilities and services for safe, secured and efficient carriage of passengers and goods. Consequently, the Authority intends to extend and upgrade the Runway at the Nigerian Civil Aviation Technology (NCAT), Zaria, including associated works under its 2020 financial year/Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Budget. In compliance with the National Open Competitive Bidding (NOCB) procedures stipulated in the Public Procurement Act 2007 and its extant guidelines, the Authority hereby invite competent and reliable companies with requisite experience to submit their technical documents to undertake the project.
- SCOPE OF WORKS
The scope of work includes, but not limited to the following:
- Earth works.
- Asphalt works.
- Airfield Lighting.
- Expansion of Apron.
- Drainage improvement, etc.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Evidence of Company’s Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), including certified true copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association, forms CAC2 & CAC7; with minimum Share Capital of N10,000,000.00.
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) for the last three years (i.e. 2017, 2018 and 2019), valid till 31st December 2020; with minimum Average Annual Turnover of N5,000,000,000.00.
- Evidence of current Pension Clearance Certificate, valid till 31st December 2020.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2020.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate, valid till 31st December 2020.
- Evidence of registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/01/2021 or valid certificate issued by the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
- Sworn Affidavit from Court of competent jurisdiction in Nigeria (Federal or State), including stamped passport photograph and signature of Deponent/Declarant, disclosing as follows:-
- Whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- That the Director(s) has/have never been convicted by any court of law.
- That the firm’s Director or the company is not bankrupt.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years – 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of project when needed.
- Company’s Profile, with Curriculum Vitae of relevant professionals to be deployed for the project, including copies of their academic and professional certificates (e.g. COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON, etc.).
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar works successfully completed/ongoing project in the last five (5) years, including Letters of Award, Contract Agreements, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- List of relevant Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership or valid Lease Agreement (e.g. Milling machines, Bulldozers, Excavators, Pay loaders, Water tankers, Welding machines, Compressors, etc.).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), E-mail address, names and nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page and duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
- SUBMISSION OF PREQUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
- The documents are to be submitted in soft copy (flash drive) and four (4) hard copies (One original and three copies) in A4 paper size and neatly bound. The document should be arranged in the order listed above and clearly separated by dividers.
- The documents must be sealed in an envelope and the Project Name clearly written at the top left corner of the envelope.
- All documents must be submitted to the office of “The General Manager (Procurement)”, FAAN Headquarters, Ikeja – Lagos.
- Contacts: Phone No. 08033011334 or 08034706549, Email Address: procurement @faannigeria.org.
- Submission of pre-qualification documents shall close at exactly 11:30a.m. on Monday, 28th September, 2020.
- OPENING OF PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Pre-qualification documents shall be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 11:30a.m. on Monday, 28th September 2020, at the Procurement Department, Maintenance Yard, FAAN Headquarters, Ikeja, Lagos.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Contractors with cases of abandonment, non-completion or poorly executed projects of similar nature need not Tender for this project.
- FAAN reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made on the bid documents submitted by companies.
- Failure to comply with the instruction(s) and provide any required document(s) may automatically result in disqualification.
- FAAN reserves the right to reject any or all the pre-qualification documents.
- Original of all the above-listed eligibility documents may be requested for sighting as and when needed.
- Late submissions will be returned un-opened.
- All submissions must be in English language.
- The technical bids opening shall be conducted in line with COVID19 guidelines;
- Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services).
- Only prequalified bidders will be invited at a later stage for collection of financial tender documents.
- At a later stage, prequalified bidders would be requested to submit the updated copies of their statutory documents e.g. Tax, PENCOM, ITF, NSITF, BPP and any other relevant document. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification.
- This advertisement shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of FAAN, nor shall it entail the bidder to make any claim(s) whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from FAAN, by virtue of such bidder having responded to this publication.
- FAAN is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.