- May 8, 2019
- Posted by: FAAN
- Category: News, Press Releases
1. As an Airport company, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) under its crop of leadership looks forward from time to time for opportunities to demonstrate our commitment to carbon reduction through internal initiatives and by adapting to global initiatives and international best practices on carbon reduction.
2. Our commitment to carbon reduction is based on the common understanding of the present challenges of global warming and climate change arising from high degrees of CO2 emission in the atmosphere, to which our industry is a contributor.
3. In order to show continuous commitment to carbon reduction, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) already has a well-established Department in charge of Airports environmental management with a team specifically saddled with the responsibility of carbon footprint monitoring, measurement, management, and reduction across the Airports in the country.
4. Our commitment to carbon emission reduction shall be based on this policy statement from time to time.
Engr. Saleh Dunoma